For a professional finish it is important to review the keys that allow us to make a good choice of painting materials and practices:
- Choose a good painting; Buy quality brushes and rollers.
The quality and the type of paint are as important as the color to achieve a good result. You should always choose quality paintings, even if they are more expensive. They will have a greater covering power, which will allow us to save in the hands of painting and with less time of application and in quantity of material. In addition, they will guarantee a uniform color and a greater durability in the time.
Choosing good quality painting tools will ensure a better coverage of the surface to be painted, so we will save on painting, apart from achieving a better finish. It is an investment that is amortized over time, since with a correct choice one acquires elements that can be used for several years.
- Cover the place to avoid stains.
With an old sheet, cover the floor so that the paint drip does not stain the floor. The edges and contours surrounding frames, windows and doors can be taped to pass the brush without risk of overcoming the limit.
- Basic techniques for painting.
To obtain a uniform color, mix and thoroughly stir the entire contents of the cans in a single container. The paint should be spread evenly over the surface without dripping or dripping.
When painting with a brush or roller, you have to follow 3 steps: apply the paint, distribute it evenly and carefully smooth it to obtain an even result.
Use the brush or penciled well.
- Insert the brush or penciled up to one-third the length of the bristles inside the bucket or tray.
- To delineate an edge, use the narrow side of the brush. It is important to perform long and slow strokes.
- To prevent the paint from being marked, paint from the dry area to the fresh paint.
- To paint the flat surfaces, use the wide part of the brush or penciled.
- To paint large surfaces with a brush, apply the paint with 2 or 3 strokes diagonally. Then distribute evenly with horizontal strokes. Press down enough and straighten vertically from top to bottom.
- In short, you must first make movements in a diagonal direction, then in a horizontal direction, and finally in a vertical direction.
How to use the roller.
- Surfaces should be painted in small sections. Work from dry surfaces to those with fresh paint to avoid marks.
- Before starting to paint, lightly moisten the roller with water to remove any loose threads. This will also help to rotate freely, leaving even thicknesses
- After this operation, insert it into the paint tray by rolling it from one end to the other of the textured wall to evenly distribute the paint on the roller.
- With the roller loaded, use the application technique called “Z” or “N”, for the drawing that is done with the roller on the cloth to be painted. In this way the paint is supplied and then moved to the rest of the surface, thus achieving greater coverage power and better leveling, with a minimum speckled.
Cleaning and storage.
Once the task is finished, the brushes and rollers should be cleaned with the diluent that has been used solvent or water base, as the case may be and then rinse repeatedly with neutral white soap. At the end of this operation wrap each of the tools used in newspaper to subtract the remaining moisture.